Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship
The Higher Education Commission (HEC) invites applications from Pakistani/AJ&K citizens for the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Program (2024-25), launched by the Hungarian Government for Bachelor’s, Master’s, A-Level Master’s and PhD studies .
Types of Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Scholarship
Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarships are available for Pakistani students who meet the basic eligibility criteria in specific disciplines and other requirements of Hungarian universities in the following programs:
- Bachelor’s Degree (after 12 years education)
- One-Tier Master’s Degree (after 12 years education)
- Master’s Degree (after 16 years education)
- PhD Degree (after 17/18 years education)
Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Eligibility criteria
- The applicant must be a citizen of Pakistan/AJ&K.
- Applicants enrolled in the final year of their existing study programmes/degrees and awaiting results candidates are also welcome to apply.
- For Bachelor’s (university programmes) and Master’s level programs i.e. DVM, DPharm, Medicine/Dentistry etc., the applicant must have completed HSSC/intermediate degree or equivalent before 1 August 2024. In case If the final degree and transcript are not submitted on the portal https://apply.stipendiumhungaricum.hu/ before August 1, 2024, the scholarship award will be cancelled.
- For master’s degree (postgraduate programs), the applicant must have completed 16 years of bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree before August 1, 2024. In case of not submitting the final degree and academic record at https://apply.stipendiumhungaricum.hu / before August 1, 2024, the scholarship award will be canceled.
- For doctoral programs, the applicant must have completed 17/18 years of Master’s/MS/MPhil or equivalent before August 1, 2024. In case of not submitting the final degree and academic record at https://apply.stipendiumhungaricum.hu/ before August 1, 2024, the scholarship award will be cancelled.
- NO undergraduate engineering programs are offered.
- There is no upper age limit for applicants. However, the minimum eligible age limit for undergraduate programs is 18 years, i.e. applicants born on or before August 31, 2006 (applicant is 18 years of age on or before August 31, 2024).
- The applicant must complete all fields on the Hungarian application form and the HEC application form and must not leave any column or field unfilled.
- The certificates, transcripts and degrees to be attached must be endorsed by certifying authorities such as IBMC and HEC. IBMCC O and A level equivalence is mandatory for Bachelor (undergraduate programmes) and A level Master (OTM).
- IELTS/TOEFL scores as required by Hungarian universities, where applicable.
- All applicants must present a medical certificate of satisfactory health status (issued no earlier than November 15, 2023, a written certificate from a doctor proving that the applicant does not suffer from the following diseases: AIDS, hepatitis A, B, C or any other epidemic). conditions)
- In case of final selection, applicants will be required to submit a legal paper guarantee to HEC that they will not change their discipline after the final award of the scholarship, and immediately after completing their degree, they will return to Pakistan to serve the country for the period prescribed by the HEC.
- In case of failure to do so, HEC reserves the right to recover from the candidate or his guarantor the fine amount as prescribed/decided by HEC.
- Applicants must meet all other requirements set by the host Hungarian university, Tempus Public Foundation and the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan.
- All candidates must submit their HAT or USAT test results. The candidate must have passed the USAT or HAT exam with a minimum score of 50 out of 100. Those applicants who have taken the HAT or USAT test on or after January 1, 2022 can upload the test result on the HEC portal for consideration.
- Those interested applicants who have not yet taken the HAT or USAT exam can register for the exam by visiting https://etc.hec.gov.pk/.
- Without providing a minimum HAT or USAT test score (50 out of 100), applications will not be considered for further processing.
- The initial evaluation/scrutiny will be done on the basis of USAT/HAT test score and as per the quota policy of the federal government.
- HEC retains the authority to change the requirements for nominations.
Applications will not be considered in the following cases:
- Pakistanis with dual citizenship.
- Applications that misrepresent by providing incomplete information, even if the misrepresentation is pointed out after the scholarship has been awarded, HEC reserves the right to cancel the scholarship awarded in such case.
Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Financial coverage
Tuition fees are covered by the Tempus Public Foundation. Accommodation and healthcare funding provisions are only a contribution to the living expenses of the fellows. It means that it does not fully cover all living costs and students must add their own financial resources to cover all living expenses in Hungary.
Visit link for further details: http://www.stipendiumhungaricum.hu/about/
All applicants are advised to check their expected living expenses both in Hungary and in the city where they wish to live before applying. Check out the cost of living calculator below:
Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Available Programs
Applicants are eligible to apply for specific types of scholarships and fields of study as defined by HEC and which are also determined in the current educational cooperation programs between Hungary and the sending partner, i.e. the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan.
Visit the following website to learn more about all degree programs and fields of study.
https://stipendiumhungaricum.hu/study-finder/, however, applicants should apply only to specific degree programs and to specific fields of study/major topics defined by HEC.
HEC approved fields of study can be found here. Below are the degree programs in Medicine and Dentistry as per Pakistan Medical Commission list A of countries.
- University of Szeged, Faculty of Medicine, Hungary
- Website: http://www.med.u-szeged.hu/fs
- Semmelweis University, Faculty of Medicine, Hungary
- Website: https://semmelweis.hu/english/
- University of Debrecen, Faculty of Medicine, Hungary
- Website: https://www.edu.unideb.hu/index.php
- University of Pécs, Medical School, Hungary
- Website: https://international.pte.hu/
How to apply for Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship
- Applicants MUST submit their applications online on the Hungarian website and on the HEC website. Failure to submit online application forms on BOTH websites mentioned in Step (1) and Step (2) will not be considered for further processing.
- Applications and other documentation are not initially needed to be submitted in hard copy. However, applicants must keep a record of all submitted documents along with hard copies of BOTH application forms (submitted online on the HEC website and on the Hungarian website).
- At a later stage of the selection process, applicants will be required to submit hard copies (including online application forms submitted to the HEC website and the Hungarian website) along with certified photocopies of all original documents. The original medical certificate and police clearance certificate must also be submitted at later stages of the application process.
Step (1) Tempus Public Foundation Online Application (Hungarian Side):
- All applications will be submitted through the Tempus Public Foundation Hungary online application system. The application guide can be found at https://stipendiumhungaricum.hu/
- Applicants are able to access the application platform and upload the necessary papers after registering. Please note that applications will not be accepted without online submission and after the deadline. After applying online, get your paper copies for your records.
- Apply online, visit: https://stipendiumhungaricum.hu/apply/
- The application guide for applicants can be found on our website: https://stipendiumhungaricum.hu/uploads/2020/03/Application_Guide_for_the_Stipendium_Hungaricum_Programme_2024_25.pdf
Step (2) HEC Online Application:
- Apply online at: https://scholarship.hec.gov.pk/. After registering and completing your profile, select “Hungarian Scholarship Program.” After submitting the application, obtain its printed copy for the applicant to sign. HEC online application portal will be closed on January 15, 2024 (4:00 p.m. Pakistan time).
- Before applying, update your HEC profile with the latest email/mobile number and updated information. You are encouraged to complete and submit your application as soon as possible, as the online application system will be very busy in the days leading up to the application deadline. After successfully submitting the application on the HEC portal, keep a printout of the application form signed by yourself.
- Online application submission at https://stipendiumhungaricum.hu/apply/ and https://Scholarship.hec.gov.pk portal is mandatory. In case of non-submission of forms in any of the two previous portals, the candidacy will not be considered.
- All candidates must submit their HAT or USAT test results. The test categories are included for the candidates’ information. The candidate must have passed the USAT or HAT exam with a minimum score of 50 out of 100. Those applicants who have taken the HAT or USAT exam on or after January 15, 2022 can upload the exam result on the HEC portal for consideration. Those interested applicants who have not yet taken the HAT or USAT exam can register for the same by visiting https://etc.hec.gov.pk/. Without providing a minimum HAT or USAT test score (50 out of 100), applications will not be considered for further processing.
- All of the following documents are mandatory and must be submitted by all applicants to the Stipendium Hungaricum online application system by 15 January 2024 at 4:00 p.m., except for the Supervisor’s Declaration (if required by the proposed Doctoral School, which must be submitted by March 15, 2024 and the medical certificate nominated applicants must submit on the Hungarian portal only by April 15, 2024. Please keep in mind that only files up to 4 MB in size can be submitted to the system).
- Potential applicants enrolled in their existing study programs and candidates awaiting results can submit the subject submission of final degrees and transcripts at https://stipendiumhungaricum.hu/apply/ by August 1, 2024. In case of failure to submit the required documents as per the prescribed requirement, the candidature of the applicant may be cancelled.