In Pakistan, where poverty remains a significant challenge, the Benazir Kafalat Program (BKP) stands as a beacon of hope for countless families. Launched in 2008, this flagship social safety net initiative aims to alleviate poverty and improve the lives of the most vulnerable, particularly women and children.
Conditional Cash Transfers: Operating as a conditional cash transfer (CCT) program, the Benazir Kafalat Program provides financial assistance to eligible families, empowering them to meet their basic needs and invest in their future. This support is not simply a handout; beneficiaries must fulfill certain conditions, such as sending children to school and attending health checkups, to ensure long-term positive outcomes.
A Legacy of Benazir Bhutto: The BKP is a testament to the vision of former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto, who championed the cause of women’s empowerment and poverty reduction. The program specifically targets women as beneficiaries, recognizing their vital role in nurturing families and driving societal progress.
Benazir Income Support Programme: The BKP is administered by the Benazir Income Support Programme (BISP), a dedicated government agency. BISP ensures efficient and transparent program implementation, reaching millions of families across Pakistan with vital financial support.
Funding and Sustainability: The BKP draws funding from both the Pakistani government and international donor agencies. This collaborative approach ensures the program’s sustainability and allows it to reach a wider range of beneficiaries.
Beyond Cash: While financial assistance is the core of the BKP, the program extends its reach beyond mere handouts. BISP actively engages with communities, promoting education, healthcare, and social awareness. This holistic approach empowers families to break the cycle of poverty and build a brighter future for themselves and their children.
Good News About 8171 Web Portal:
Assalam Alaikum viewers! This update brings important news about the Benazir Income Support Program (BISP) and the 8171 web portal. Here’s what you need to know:
1. 8171 Web Portal: Get ready for improvements and updates! The 8171 web portal, used to check eligibility for the BISP Savings Scheme in specific districts, is being revamped. Stay tuned for further details.
2. Dynamic Survey Payments: Good news for April and July applicants! If you participated in the dynamic survey and scored above 32 on the Poverty Measurement Tool (PMT), your Rs.8500 payment is on its way. However, some delays may occur due to record updates.
3. Disqualifications and Re-evaluation: Some families have been disqualified due to government verification processes. However, the program is undergoing re-evaluation, and you may be reconsidered.
4. New Installment: The new installment of Rs.8500 has started! Check your eligibility and account status to ensure you receive your payment.
5. Account Issues: If you qualified but haven’t received your payment, don’t worry! Contact BISP for assistance with resolving any account issues.
- Monitor your PMT score regularly to stay informed about your eligibility status.
- Update your records promptly, especially if you have a Telenor mobile number.
- Utilize the 8171 SMS service for quick eligibility checks (send your 13-digit CNIC to 8171).
Good News About BISP Program:
Attention BISP beneficiaries! The October-December installment of Rs.8500 has begun, but Dr. Amjad Saqib has implemented stricter eligibility checks, resulting in two categories of disqualifications:
1. Pensioners Disqualified: Regardless of their government job grade, any family receiving a pension is no longer eligible for BISP benefits. This ensures the program prioritizes those with the most significant financial need.
2. Stagnant PMT Scores Lead to Disqualification: Individuals whose Poverty Measurement Tool (PMT) score consistently remains low (e.g., 26) are being disqualified. This suggests their financial situation hasn’t improved, indicating they may have benefitted from the program unfairly. Conversely, those with scores exceeding 32 are also disqualified, potentially due to exceeding the program’s poverty threshold.
These stricter measures aim to ensure BISP resources reach those who truly need them and prevent misuse of the program. Stay informed about updates and eligibility criteria to secure your future benefits.
Benazir Kafalat Program 8500 Qist:
Good news for new BISP beneficiaries! Those who registered in April and July with a PMT score of 32 and participated in the dynamic survey are eligible for the Rs.8500 installment. However, some may face delays in receiving their payments due to record updates.
Important information for 2024 eligibility:
- Telenor numbers: To avoid disqualification in 2024, beneficiaries with Telenor mobile numbers should update them with accurate information.
- Record updates: Stay informed about your BISP records and update them if necessary. Don’t wait until the last minute to avoid disqualification.
- PMT score: Monitor your PMT score regularly. A significant increase could lead to disqualification as it indicates improved financial circumstances.
What to do if your payment is delayed:
- Contact BISP for assistance with resolving any record update issues.
- Don’t rely solely on information from viewers; verify official BISP channels for updates and guidance.
Remember, staying informed and proactively managing your BISP records is crucial to avoid disqualification and ensure you receive your benefits.
Bisp 8171 Result Check Online by CNIC:
You can check your eligibility for Benazir Income Support Program (BISP) online using your CNIC number in two ways:
Via SMS service 8171:
- Send your 13-digit CNIC number without spaces or hyphens to 8171.
- You will receive an SMS response informing you of your eligibility status within minutes.
Through the 8171 web portal:
- Visit the web portal 8171
- Enter your 13-digit CNIC number in the designated field.
- Click the “Check Eligibility” button.
- You will be redirected to a page showing your eligibility status.
Note: Currently, 8171 web portal is only available to check eligibility for BISP Savings Plan in specific districts: Gilgit, Astor, Muzaffarabad, Neelam, Peshawar, Lakki Marwat, Lahore, Multan, Quetta, Qila Saifullah, Karachi and Sukkur . If you are applying from one of these districts, you can access the portal through the following link: https://bisp.gov.pk/
Here are some additional things to keep in mind:
- The 8171 SMS service is available 24/7.
- There is no charge to use the 8171 SMS service or the 8171 web portal.
- If you are unable to access the 8171 web portal or have any questions about your eligibility status, you can contact the BISP helpline at 0800-26477.